Here are eclipse tips and tricks that I find useful in everyday use of eclipse.
Eclipse shortcuts: Shortcuts I use everyday
- Ctrl+1 seems to be the most useful shortcut of eclipse. It shows the quick help. e.g. create getter and setter on a property or rename a property. If you see an error or warning somewhere in the editor press ctrl+1 all eclipse suggested actions will popup.
- Ctrl+Shift+R shows the resources search box.
- Ctrl+Shift+T shows all the Types (Classes) in the workspace. You can even search the classes in the jars.
- Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+PgDn for going to previous or next tab.
- Ctrl+H search the worksapce.
- Ctrl+/ comments out the selected lines. If you select lines of codes that have been commented out, you can uncomment them using the same shortcut but the precondition is that all the lines should be commented out.
- Ctrl+D is another useful shortcut. It deletes the line on which the cursor is present. Also deleted the lines that are selected.